Sunday, 7 June 2009

Lowe Alpine Mountain Marathon, 6-7 Jun'09

Having not done a mountain marathon before, many hillrunners suggested I do one as I'd probably do reasonably well. So a couple of months ago, a couple of guys pulled out, two teams were re-arranged and Jon Ascroft and myself got a place in the 'A' class. Kintail was the location, weather was meant to be cold and quite horrible. As it turned out, conditions were perfect - not too hot, a breeze to keep the midges away and no rain ! Day one was spent running over some of the Inverinate and Killilan estates land, including bagging a new corbett for me - Faochaig, before running down to Carnach. We were in first place in our class. Day two was over Sgurr nan Ceathreamhnan and Beinn Fhada (with its scrambly west ridge) - we held onto first place to win our category. Brilliant ! Such great fun, I'll be back next year. Results and more info on the LAMM website . Some photos taken by myself and Hilary Spenceley are on the Flickr page.