Saturday, 7 March 2009

Scald Law, 5 Mar'09

Jake on Scald Laws trig point Crisp air and clear skies ! I took Jake for a run from Silverburn up to Scald Law and South Black Hill in the Pentlands after work. Although only 579m, Scald Law is the highest peak in the Pentlands, and therefore views from the summit can be vast on clear days. With the evenings becoming lighter, it's great to be able to head out to the hills without torch or tight time constraints. Crunchy snow covered the north facing slopes which contrasted dramatically with snow-free south facing hillsides. I missed the best part of the sunset, not quite managing to reach Scald Law's summit in time - the sun went behind some distant cloud as I arrived at the trig point. The camera facility on my new mobile phone needed experimenting with and I was suprised to find out it had a panorama function, the results can be seen on my Flickr page.