Wednesday, 13 August 2008

Caerketton Hillrace 2008, 13 August



This quick steep race is such great fun ! Made really easy for me, since it starts practically from my back garden. A junior event takes place at 7pm and the senior event starts at 7:30. Conditions had improved over the day, but ground underfoot was sodden. I'd been hoping to do the race in under 14mins (last year was 13:36min), but somehow just didn't get into the rhythm. However consolation came in winning first vet40 (since Adam Ward was 3rd), being a member of the winning team (Carnethy - Adam, myself and Ronnie Gallagher) and winning the Bog-and-Burn Vet40 category. So I came home with quite a bit of wine and beer ! Al Anthony won the race in 12:47mins and claimed the overall Bog-and-Burn series. Photos of the Junior and Senior race are here .